Sunday, April 20, 2008

La Reve-ing It Up

Life is continuing as usual here in Las Vegas. We are counting down the days until we have our little baby boy and can have interesting blogs. Until then, here are some of the events of the past few weeks.

We loved Phantom of the Opera so much, we thought we would try another Vegas show. A few weeks ago we went to La Reve at the Wynn. If you are not familiar with the show, it is an acrobatic/water show. It was pretty impressive and I told Patrice I was going to shave my head and start training to be a performer.
In case you can't tell, there is a large round pool in the middle of the theater. During the show, there are people performing acrobatic routines above the pool, dancing on platforms that come out of the water, etc. I took a few pics with my phone underneath my jacket.
If you have seen Chelsea's blog, then you know that they came down a few weeks ago and I gave baby Jack his third haircut. Jack said he wanted it cut like mine so he could be handsome like Uncle Allen. He is VERY smart. As you can tell, Jack was very pleased with the final result. I don't know if Chelsea and Max were as pleased.
Last Sunday Rick called to tell me that exam results had been posted on the Utah State Bar website. I knew that number 18518 felt like a lucky application number. I could tell Rick was a little disappointed that he is no longer the only attorney in the family licensed in both Utah and Nevada.
We also had a fun visit from my dad, Olivia, Luke, and Noah this past week, but we forgot to snap pictures. Just try to picture a foosball table, two boys having fun and playing, and then one boy crying at the end....sorry that I beat you dad.





16 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

And you two say that you don't have anything interesting to blog. Thanks for letting us stay! It was really nice to break up the long drive with a visit with you guys. The boys sure do love the foosball table, oh, and you two too. Congrats on the bar. Can you say weight off of your shoulders?!

Billie Sue said...

I can just picture you and Dad and yes--Dad crying is quite easy to envision! Wait--pouting before he sulks off!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Alec and I were so excited to hear the exciting news last week! Congrats on passing the bar. All of your little nieces and nephews are so adorable...little max looks so cute with Uncle Al's hair cut. We can't wait for your little one to arrive. Not much longer!

Alec and Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea Johnson said...

Will you please stop making dad have broken jaws? You are both a little too old for this kind of behavior! We loved Jack's hair, in fact its already needing another trim. I guess I shoudl've paid a little more attention to your instructions. We can't wait for that baby to be born either, although your blog is very interesting and entertaining without him here. Congrats on the bar results, I'll check and see if there are any available positions in La Verkin.

Tyler and Mindy said...

Yeah! Congrats on the bar. I know a nice cozy town you two would fit in. More specifically a nice cozy house that happens to be not far from mine. Just think...$9 golfing everyday, playdates with the cats and kids.

Staci said...

Yeah... So glad that you passed the bar. What a great accomplishment to get out of the way!!! You two deserve to take a quick babymoon to celebrate!!!

Billie Jo said...

Wow I never knew that you had so much going on. I haven't heard from you in quiet a while so I just figured you were working away on the crib or back at work fighting more legal battles. I wish we could have seen you over spring break but maybe at the end of May when you are here for all the festivities we can accomodate you with our hospitality. Great update!!! Congrats on the bar, we all knew you could do it.

The Cox Family said...

Congrats on passing the Utah bar! That is great. I can't wait until Curtis is done with school and taking, (hopefully passing), the Utah bar! So when are you guys moving back?
Great job on Jack's hair. He looks adorable!

The Richards family said...

Congrats!! So when are you moving to Utah to use that Utah bar? I was hoping you guys would be here and needed a place to rent. That is for my own personal benifit though. It sounds like you are having fun exploring Vegas and going to cool shows!!! I can't wait until you have that baby to put on your blog but in the mean time I think your blogs are still fun!!!

The Prices said...

Congrats on passing the bar. You are quite the talented barber also. You are just a jack-of-all-trades!
Sunny

Tyler and Mindy said...

We want belly pictures. We want belly pictures.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I knew you'd pass the bar...After all , you have been blessed with the gift of test-taking. It's right there between prophecy and interpretation of tongues...

Good job on Jack-boy's haircut. He looks way too big!

Traci said...

Oh Baby Jack is so cute! I can't wait till you guys have one of your own. I'm jealous you went to La Reve, I've been wanting to go for a long time... maybe next time I'm in vegas. Cute Blog! Talk to you soon.

Rowe Family said...

Hey guys, just wanted to say Hi! Congrats on passing the Utah bar!! And that little guy in the picture is sooooo adorable!!

Callister said...

Patrice, thanks for your nice comment! I hear you on not wanting to get bigger. I look at my enormous belly and think, "How CAN it get any bigger?" But it will...oye. I'm so excited to see the little man coming into your lives. He'll be so handsome!