Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Craziness

We had a fun and busy month of March and haven't even had time to blog about it. Hopefully this will catch everyone up on what we did during March.

Patrice had some time off of work for spring break, so we decided to take a trip to Utah to be with our families on Easter. There was still a ton of snow on the ground which made me quite happy as I had planned a snowmobile outing with Sammy. Thanks to Sam for taking me and for snapping some pics. Don't be deceived, the picture below was on my way back down and not at the peak of my jump!
Amy and Zach were also home on vacation and we were able to go out to dinner with all of Patrice's family (less Jon who was on another world traveling expedition). We were celebrating my birthday, and we were also celebrating Cassie's mission call. For those who are not aware, she is going to the Nashville, Tennessee mission and leaves at the end of May. I have a special message for Cassie to give to the Tennessee Men's Basketball team, but it does not involve forgiveness.
My family had a birthday celebration for Olivia and me. We had pizza and Patrice made my favorite kind of cupcakes, rainbow chip. Here is a picture of Olivia and Patrice. I know that you can't tell, but they are both pregnant and due in June.
We also dyed Easter eggs at the birthday celebration (and the next morning with Patrice's family as well), and had a feats of strength competition . The events included various yoga balancing positions and the main event - hand stand push-ups. Tim and I won the main event with 7 each, although to be fair to Tim, he was a little worn out after trying to help Rick do one push-up.


We arrived back in Las Vegas and put our Easter candy with our already-existing snack pile. Yes, those are Sun Chips. I know what you are thinking, Allen and Patrice are such health nuts. It's true, we like to avoid the sweets.
We had another ultrasound after we got back from our trip. The baby has turned around and his head is now below his feet. I can't believe he is already practicing his hand stand push-ups. I am so proud. Look at that little square foot and second longer toe...just like dad!
Thank you to everyone who made our trip home much fun, and thanks to Tim and Billie Jo for letting us stay at the Butikofer Manor.

19 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Hi, I just wanted to comment before I read the post because it really is a feat to be the first to comment on your blog.

Alec and Tiffany said...

What a fun weekend. We are sad that we missed you guys again this time. Al...nice snowmobiling picture and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Patrice, you look SO good. I hope i am that way when i get pregnant...just belly!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Alright, now I have read the blog. It is very Utah Statey, I must say. Maybe that is because Logan is the greatest city on earth and Utah State is the greatest school on earth. Anyway, I am very proud of those pushups and I love the ultra sound pic of the second toe. Keep up those posts!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Awesome! I love the update... It sounds like you guys had as much fun up here as we were able to have while you were here. Happy happy birthday, Allen dear. We love you, both!

Billie Sue said...

Good job with the update! Very entertaining, as well. I love the Logan picture and had a rush of emotion upon seeing it from days gone by. The snowmobiling picture is great and I'm glad you and Sammy were able to get together and have fun. We did have an awesome weekend and look forward to more! IF we came down the weekend of April 18th, what great fun could we have? What show would you suggest seeing? Dad will definitely be there, and I am trying to decide if I should fly down. I love the picture of Baby Boy's foot. The more we see of him, the better!

Chelsea Johnson said...

The new layout is wonderful, I must say. I love that little boy already, and I'm pretty sure his profile looks like Allen. It was fun to be able to spend some time wtih you guys over the weekend. I always love being with you guys, and it was lots to fun to spend the girls day with Patrice too. Patrice, you look so cute pregnant and I love how much you are enjoying it. It is definitely a sign of how much you guys are going to love and adore that sweet baby boy! I can't wait for you!

Anonymous said...

Allen and Patrice,

I ejoyed reading your blog I can always count on Allen for a good laugh. Patrice you look great I hope that you feel as great as you look. Olivia too I look more preagnant than the both of you. You really should let us know the next time you are coming home, maybe we could get together.

Take Care!
Addison

Anonymous said...

It almost brought tears to my eyes seeing the Logan temple, and beautiful Cache Valley. It makes me miss home so much. I can't believe you forgot to post the best part of your trip up north. Golfing in the freezing temps, and you getting a birdie on the last hole!
Max

The Gunnerson Family said...

See how much interest new posts garner on your blog. You should really do more! Thanks for the fun we had while you were here. It is always so great to get together with family. Hard to believe just a couple of more months until you can see those little toes in real life!

Billie Jo said...

I am so proud of you for updating and for putting great pictures on. We loved having you guys here. I can't wait until we all live so close and we can have crazy competitions every weekend! I may put in a day or two trip to Las Vegas over spring break. I just need to get a concrete plan. Tell me if it is possible!

Tahnie said...

I had to laugh when I saw two barefoot and pregnant ladies in the kitchen. Too perfect! You both look so cute!

Tyler and Mindy said...

Thanks for the update. I love the preggie photos; you look darling, Patrice.

The Cox Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cox Family said...

Great background you guys! Sounds like you had a very eventful, but fun month. I will never really understand the point of feats of strength competitions, but they are definitely fun to watch. I am glad that your little guy is already praticing in the womb. Those ultrasound pics are great. We can't wait to meet the little guy!

Clint, Betsy & Courteney said...

Patrice, You look so Dang Cute I am so excited for you guys children are the Best! I can't wait to see what and who he looks like. The ultrasounds are so cute and fun to see. Well I am sad that we don't get to see eachother I really miss you guys a lot. Well I hope that you are feeling well and that your pregnancy is going good. And again you look Great and so Beautiful! Love You Guys.

Mont said...

Yes! The longer second toe! The master race has entered the next generation -- mwaaahaaaahaaaa.

The entire state of Tennessee kind of let you down, didn't they?...

Anonymous said...

This is Sue at pehrsonparentslv@embarqmail.com
Al, What happened to your aggie spirit. I quit work for a couple of days and you don't post your USU logo any more. What's up with that?

Cassie Jo said...

Congrats on the Bar ALLEN! Yay, now you can move up to Salt Lake and build a home with a basement aparment for me to live in when I return from the mish! I have it all figured out. Then I can watch Boy named Sue when you two want to go out and play! Doesn't this plan sound perfect? Boy named Sue and I will have a lot of catching up to do.

Kevin, Wendy, Ambria & Kylie said...

Hey Patrice...I dont know if you remember me but I was your neighbor a looong time ago. my maiden name is Whipple. anyway, I have been wanting to get in touch with you for such a long time. I have so much I want to say, but not on your blog..lol I would love to hear from you. my email is wendybullock19@hotmail.com I have a blog too..it is http://bullocksaz.blogspot.com/
Congrats on your baby ;) I am due in June as well :)