Sunday, November 30, 2008

So much to blog about

As a general rule, blogging is last on my list of things to do behind things like, oh, brushing my teeth, showering, cleaning my house and doing laundry. Unfortunately it seems like my daily list is never finished and therefore, I never update the blog. **Warning: This is going to be world's most boring post. Allen is asleep on the floor and I don't know how to download recent pics. I will be including completely unrelated but cute pics of Evan.

Here is what we have been up to the past month:

1. We moved to Utah. And yes. We were THOSE people that you have all heard Allen complain about. People showed up at our house to help us move and we were not ready. I'm sure people went home and told their wives how we had stuff all over the house that wasn't in boxes. Not to be dramatic, but it was the worst two days of our entire lives so far. We both agreed and decided on the 6 hour drive home that we will be seriously dejunking before the next move. Also a big thank you to Grandpa Earl who came down to help. He didn't even say one word about how unprepared we were. We love you and thank you! Also thank you to everyone who unloaded in Utah.

2. We realized that we didn't have a washer and dryer. YIKES!!! I think I wash as many loads of laundry as Billie Jo. (Just kidding, not possible!) But I wash every day and loading all that laundry with my baby up and down my new stairs is my least favorite thing ever. However, thank you mom and dad for letting me use yours. Thank goodness my new washer and dryer will be here soon.

3. We tried to unpack. Every time I see Tess and Ellie they ask me if I have unpacked, organized and cleaned my house. NOPE. (See #2. This process takes up entire days.) I'm sure they just can't fathom the snail like speed I am getting my house put together. It particularly bothers Tess. I'm sorry Tess girl, I'm not amazing like your mom and dad. :(





4. We ate Zach's amazing wings. YUM! And my Utes beat BYU.... what more could a girl ask for?





5. We cried at Wal-Mart. (Ok I cried at Wal-Mart.) Everyone has been telling me that my 6 month old should probably be eating rice cereal, which may be true, but I just can't believe my little baby is growing up so fast. (I don't even think we have mentioned that Evan has teeth! 2 to be exact. And they are adorable.) So I went to Wal-Mart to buy rice cereal and baby spoons and stood there and cried because I can see that he is growing way too fast and before I know it he will be graduating from high school.


(Thank you Addy for emailing me this picture.)


6. We ate a delicious and wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Thank you everyone in the entire family who contributed! It was excellent. We were just missing our Sassie. I can't think of anything I'm more thankful for than my family. We also got to see Chelsea and Jack and have Thanksgiving 2 today. Have we mentioned how happy we are to be so close to both of our families?



7. We saw Twilight. I'm not going to be weird about this. But I loved it. That's all.

I can think of a lot more that we've done, but I better save something for later. Please note all the pics of Evan where from Las Vegas when I should have been packing. (See #1.)

13 comments:

Billie Jo said...

That task master Tess, try being her mom. She asks me forty times a day if I haven't done something she thinks I should. I should have the Christmas trees up, the lights on the house and the presents under the tree according to her by now. I was so sad not to be around for black friday but thanks for being my life line to the festivities. I couldn't be more happy that you all live here. Just be prepared that one day we will stop by unannounced when we aren't dancing, cleaning, or preparing for the latest and greatest event! Drop that little boy off any time so that you can go some where by yourself!

Amy said...

Welcome back! We had a great time with you guys this last week. I feel I must apologize for kissing Evan's cheeks until he cried real tears. Also, don't worry about your house because we have lived here for 4 months and have yet to hang a picture or do any decorating of any kind. p.s. It's ok to be weird about Twilight. Robert Pattinson is delicious. So very delicious. pps: Did you know Sunny and I are going to Forks in January? Now THAT'S weird.

Giselle Rasheta said...

Ha haha...I love that boy! He is so cute that I definitely couldn't accomplished anything if I had him to hang out with!

And Tess...oh yes. After Christmas last year she came to my house and insisted that we take the tree down. I tried to convince her that the container for all the Christmas ornaments were outside in the snowy storage unit and it would be difficult to get. She urged me to at least take the decorations off the tree and makes piles so as to be ready when we did retrieve the container for them. Craziest girl ever! Man I can't wait to see her and all of you!

The Gunnerson Family said...

What a month! I am just so glad that you are here to share it all with us. I love the picture of Evan eating his rice cereal. Isn't it funny that something as simple as eating can turn into such a fiasco? Don't worry about unpacking. When we moved back here I HONESTLY went through a box marked "wedding presents" and sent some to D.I. You don't have to de-junk until you really want to. Evan is so darn cute. I love the smile in that last picture.

Thanks for taking me to Twilight. And thanks for ratting me out to Rick that I was swooning over Edward all night.

I was watching Tess when she was just 12 months old, and without fail whenever she would take off her shoes, she would put them by the door, take off her socks,and put them in her shoes. Talk about being born an organizer!

Billie Sue said...

Well, me are sooo happy to have you here. That boy can learn who his grandma and grandpa are and like I tell all the other grandkids....."Grandmas are to save you from all the ills of the world--so anytime you don't want to eat rice ceral--come to Grandma!" I definitely won't make him eat it--I tell Olivia all the time it tastes like a wet cardboard box! I'm sure you will eventually catch up on the laundry. If not -- believe me, it will be there waiting!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Its no wonder you have no time to blog with all that going on! It can all wait though! We need more pictures!

I was so glad I got to spend so much time with all of you! It is sad when those baby boys grow up, but I guess that is life!

We miss you and can't wait for Christmas!

Sycamore Girl said...

Patrice-
Thanks for leaving a comment our our blog and voting too! I always wonder who exactly is reading and contributing...now I have one less to wonder about. Oh, and if you are wondering...I have been following your blog all along too. You and Allen are too funny! And of course, your lil' man is such a hunk!
I just want to say a few things. First, about feeling sad about feeding Evan rice cereal. Most everyone out there will tell you a "standard timeline" that ought to be followed- but seriously? I dont buy it. Every baby is different and you and have the amazing skills to read your child and interpret what it is he is telling you he needs. You are breastfeeding, right? Even if you are not, it is true that babies are just fine going then entire first year of their life eating ONLY breastmilk or formula. I understand the pressures though, believe me. We had decided to wait an entire year before we gave Natalie ANYTHING, but as the months went on, Natalie told us differently. She was markedly interested in what we were putting in our mouths. So we started her with simple fruits (more easily digested than grains) like pears and apples, bananas and avocados. We didnt even do this until she was nearly 8 months old. Even now, she still is mainly eating breastmilk and anything else she gets I consider supplementation. I still LOVE my time with her at my breast and loath the day when that will end!
I guess my point is this: Dont listen to the things being said around you that make you feel guilty that you are doing something wrong. Instead, decide for yourself to-

listen to your baby. Listen to your own god-given motherly instincts.

Becuase, really, out of all the things you may or may not be good at, You are, by divine design, a professional at being Evans mommy. :)

This is turning out to be really long.
I have a ton of books I can recommend for you to read that have helped me figure things out for myself, if you are interested, I'd be happy to share. Just let me know and shoot me your email.

Congratulations on moving back to Utah. Being close to BOTH of your families sounds like such a blessing!
Take it easy chickety.

Pays said...

Hey! You guys are busy little people! I'm glad you are back close though! Good luck unpacking- it will all be there when you are ready to go through it- I promise it doesn't go anywhere... Evan is getting so big! Don't sweat the rice cereal thing either- Duncan never would eat it! He turned out okay!

The Cox Family said...

We are so excited for you guys as well to be closer to family and friends. Packing and unpacking definitely has to be one of the worst tasks ever. It seems like it never ends!

Callister said...

From this day forward, goggles shall be known as Onion Glasses. Do you think they would work for everyday wear?

And Evan sure has a lot of catching up to do. Kate already throws her hands up when a touchdown is made. Beauty and the Beast is for kindergarten babies born in the gravy.

Callister said...

From this day forward, goggles shall be known as Onion Glasses. Do you think they would work for everyday wear?

And Evan sure has a lot of catching up to do. Kate already throws her hands up when a touchdown is made. Beauty and the Beast is for kindergarten babies born in the gravy.

The Preece Family said...

Moving truly is the BIGGEST PAIN! Glad to hear you survived it --- where are you living anyway? Hope you're all settled in now and are taking it easy!

Tyler and Mindy said...

Are you going to post more pictures of that boy soon? I am sure he has grown so much that he doesn't even look the same.

Did Santa come to your house?