Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Scary Fun October

We have been having so much fun in October that we haven't had time to blog about it, but we luckily took a lot of pictures. Here is what we have been doing the last few weeks:
Evan was very excited to break out his Halloween shirts. If you can't read his shirt, it says "Short & Sweet". I just hope he is not disappointed next year when he is actually old enough to eat candy corns because those things are not good.



At the first of this month, we went up to celebrate Chelsea's birthday in La Verkin. We decided to carve pumpkins which eventually turned into a pumpkin carving contest. We were going to post the pictures on a blog and have people vote for their favorite, but Chelsea poisoned the voting pool by mentioning on her blog which pumpkin she carved...so from left to right: Chelsea, Jack, Max, Patrice, Evan, and Allen.

Evan was proud that he is making up ground on Jack. They must have taken this picture when we went to dinner and left Jack to babysit Evan.

We went to a pumpkin patch in Las Vegas to get some more pictures of Evan in his Halloween attire.

Evan didn't care too much about the pumpkins, but he did like the straw. A true farm boy.

Alright, getting pretty tired of pictures at this point.

No, we didn't take a break from the pumpkin patch, this picture is somehow out of order. Evan has started to like his bumbo a lot more and likes to play with toys on his tray. His favorite is his little pig that moves and makes noises. He mostly just likes to put it in his mouth. Yum...bacon.




Nope, we aren't lost in the straw maze, we are wondering why it is 90 degrees at the end of October. Utah, here we come.

14 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I am starting to see a little bit of Patrice in little Evan! By the way, Evan's pumpkin wins!

Laura said...

Yay, an update! So glad to see pictures of that little guy since I don't get to see him very much!! Looks like you guys have had a fun October!

The Richards family said...

What fun October fun!! Evan is such a cute little pumpkin!! He is getting so big, no fair. Halloween is a lot more fun with kids to dress up. I was going to say it is harder to carve pumpkins but it looks like you had a fun time doing that with Evan too!!

Genevieve and Ryan Davis said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!!! I am glad you found a pumpkin patch to take pictures in, he is adorable!

Genevieve and Ryan Davis said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!!! I am glad you found a pumpkin patch to take pictures in, he is adorable!

Billie Sue said...

Oh my heavens---you'd better get moved up here before Evan is walking and talking! He is getting so BIG! What a cute, cute boy--I must agree with Amy and say that he sure looks like his Mom to me! He and Jack will be good buds and you must include Eli and little Rjco, although Evan will be so much bigger than Rjco by next March. I'm so happy for a new post and for pictures of this little one! See you soon! Happy packing!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Love, love, LOVE the new layout and post. Whenever you take the time to update it is always wonderful! Evan is so dang cute, (BTW, mom and dad aren't to bad either) I love all of the pumpkin pictures. I know what you mean about the 90 degree weather. The first year we went to the patch in Vegas we made the mistake of putting the boys in jeans! We have been hovering around 60 degrees lately, a lovely Indian summer. I can't wait until you guys are here, the boys are going to love growing up together.

P.S. Sorry I didn't make the 6:14 deadline, please don't erase your blog!!!!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yes, made the deadline! I was assumming you meant 6:14 Nevada time! I love love love your header and new layout. You two arr just so darn creative and talented! We loved having you here and loved carving pumpkins with you. You shouldn't be such a sore loser about losing the contest! If it makes you feel better, the wolvies died the next day!

Evan is such a sweet, adorable boy and he seems like he's changed even in the past couple weeks since we saw you. I agree about the weather. I keep putting Jack in winter clothes, but then end up digging out some shorts before the day is over because its just too warm. We are sad and jealous about your guys leaving, but happy for you! Let us know what moving help you need, and we'll be there!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yes, arr, as you can see, I was typing in my pirate persona.

And "your guys leaving?" Seriously, I'm enrolling in them grammar lessons right now.

Billie Jo said...

Man it almost makes it worth the month wait that when we get updates this cute and spectacular. I can't even believe what a heartbreaker that boy is. I want him and I cannot wait two and a half weeks. Just so you know...it may be a bit of a climate shock for you all! Can I have him for a few days when you want a break?

Giselle Rasheta said...

That boy is SO cute! I wish I would have had more time to play with him over Conference weekend, but I'll accept a blog if it's as awesome as this! I love this little guy!

Yes, Evan can hopefully be buddies with Rajko (close on the spelling, mom :) and he can be sweet to him since he'll just be a little tyke. Evan is so cute and I can't wait to have one as cute as him to dress up in Halloween gear and take to a pumpkin patch.

Miss you all!!! Don't be strangers, call if you get bored. You know I'm driving home every afternoon just itching for a phone call. Kiss Evan for me!

Tyler and Mindy said...

That little baby is so cute. Thank goodness he has squishy cheeks for his mommy to pinch. I love all of his Halloween outfits. What is Evan going to be for Halloween???

Sue Shuppy said...

It's a good thing I finally looked at the blogs! What a cute little grandbaby I have! Love you guys and looking forward to seeing you all the time!
Grandma Sue

The Preece Family said...

So you guys are moving to Utah? That's great - I bet you're ready to live closer to family...especially since you now have Evan. By the way, he's a great mix of the both of you I think. Oh, and did you guys SERIOUSLY carve those pumpkins? That is impossible! They were amazing!