Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Life would Stink without You.

Yes, You, Love.

Just to be clear, THIS IS NOT a Valentine Post. This is just a long time coming, thank you from the bottom of my heart post.

I know you have worked tirelessly for the last 7 months on our house and that you work all day long as hard as you can and miss your little boy sooo much when you just have to come home and work on the house all night. I knew you were a hard worker, and that you were tough and amazing and smart. But I never knew that you could really work THIS hard. I LOVE that you are such a perfectionist. Everything is perfect in our house, and if it's not, you tear it out and fix it. I know you are getting tired of it... and I wish I could help more. (If anyone else is reading this blog I guess I should promise an update with pics of the house. Pretty much don't hold your breath for that.)

I couldn't be more happy with our eternal family. I love that after all these years (14 to be exact) you still say things that make me think and give more depth to the wonderful person I married. It is more than I ever imagined it would be. This is a true story. Seven years ago, after you had FINALLY proposed I was driving down the freeway in Salt Lake, thinking: I can't believe I am getting everything I ever wanted... My very own fairy tale life and happy ending.

Well guess what?


I got more.

Thank you, and I love you, my hard working man.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my love. All day I thought about how I shouldn't have complained last night about working on the house because I know that means you have to tend Evan all day and night. I really can't wait to get it done so I can spend more time with you and Evan. You are truly the best wife and mother. I love you so much.

Love,

Luckiest Husband in the World

Billie Sue said...

Wow! I am sitting here crying, because I am so happy for my son! Do you realize how happy a mother feels to know how much her son's wife loves him and what a good life they truly have? It is the best dream a mother could have also -- to know that her child is happy and well-loved. Best gift ever! Thank you!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Wow, that was worth the 9 month wait for a new post. Patrice you are such a good wife for Allen, and Allen is truly a hard working loving husband. I can tell you from experience that it is all worth it when you finally get to live in your new house! We are loving it so much. The end is in sight.

P.S. Who are those two young kids in that picture?

Chelsea Johnson said...

Aaaah, look at those two kiddos! I like to think that I played a role in Allen have you as the perfect wife, because I remember him calling me(crying) when he thought you were about to marry someone else. I, of course, told him he had to do whatever it took to get you back! And voila..... I can't wait for the house to be finished and for you all to be able to enjoy it! Love you all!

Billie Jo said...

You two are the perfect Ken and Barbie. I remember the days and nights of house building and the joy that comes when you have finally finished. I can't wait to see what a masterpiece it is. If the front entry is any indication of what Allen is doing, the rest must be amazing! You are a great wife and mother. I seriously consider you my sister!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Yay! I'm pretty sure that you and Olivia are trying to FORCE me into visiting home so that I can see your homes, since neither of you will post any pictures. Do you not know that I WANT to be there???

Anyway, what a beautiful post. I love it! You know I was always the biggest Allen/Patrice fan that ever existed, and I was so happy for you two to end up together. It was totally meant to be. I love and miss all three of you. Does Evan Pie want a visitor??

kara said...

Look at those two cute SS alums! Raise the roof for the late 90's man. I'm sure your house will look great. Thanks for all your sweet thoughts and comments on my blog.

Tyler and Mindy said...

AAAWWWW! I love the picture of the cheerleader and wrestler. Cute love story and thoughtful post.